February 9, 2012


How much do I love that clip? How much do I love that movie? (It's Singing in the Rain if you can't tell...)
But seriously, I can't. 
Replace the word "him" with "it", and you have what this post is all about.
Ever have a serious petpeeve, that just irks you to no ends? That aggrivating feeling that descends upon when your gaze falls on the very thing that you hate to the very core of your soul? Well, that is literally how I feel when I see "it".
   
And what is "it" you ask?
    
Skirts over pants.
     
It's horrendous and atrocious and I just don't understand it. I've composed a short poem to truly explain my feelings:

there once was a girl

who literally made me hurl

for without fail, with her terrible style

she would wear skirts over pants with a very big smile
    
Now don't get me wrong. I love innovation as much as the next person. But there is a line that you can cross. For some, it's wearing a meat dress. I still don't understand the logic behind that. I mean, I <3 meat a million times over, but I'd rather eat it than wear it. Or wearing a box as a hat. You know, some people just love geometric shapes to the extent that they have to wear them. Or wearing pink panther outfit... in public. For beddy-bye time, of course I would wear it. To perform a concert in front of other people, I would have to be drunk or high or straight out of my mind. 

    
   

I'm all for layering, and coming up with something new. but I just can't stand it. Skirts over pants. [Insert shudder here]. 



Why would you do that? Why combine two perfectly nice articles of clothing into a conglomerate mass of ugly? 

I've literally been searching for days, nay weeks, scouring the internet for a prime example of how good this combination could turn out. I've found skirt-over-pants combinations, but alas., I still think it's disgusting. I even went to high fashion, looking to the gods of fashion to assist me in this search. But funnily enough, my answer was found on a style blog, in a simple outfit post. 


[insert man repeller picture]
personally, i think she looks pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment